If you need to have a waterproofing warranty, you should hire some skilled service. It is useless to have a warranty only for the products. So I can assist you in explaining what are the warranty include and exclude.
Normally, a waterproofing warranty exists about 10 years. According to that, you can claim if there are any human error-based problems. If it is structure-based problem, you are unable to claim. This is prepared by the constructor with including all terms and conditions.
As a client or contractor, you should know what are included and excluded in the warranty of the waterproofing. They do not allow a warranty for every failure. When you sign the warranty you can know what are includes and excludes for the products. This depends on the products and area. keep on read this for further information.
Waterproof Warranty Period
Waterproofing is done with the most experienced people. They offer a warranty for you. They have used several materials for their usage, and they claim it with products. Normally these experienced guys know which product is suitable for which leak. So they will select the material they need. But if you have specific knowledge about this, do not let them. Do it yourself.
Types of Waterproofing Warranty
This is really important; the constructor gives 04 types of warranties as he can. So you must know about this in detail. So let’s see what these 04 types of warranty you can have.
You will need a waterproofing warranty due to these 17 waterproofing failures.
1. Materials Only Warranty
If the waterproofing material is failed during the warranty period, the supplier will recover the material warranty.
In the material warranty, you will be covered by the cost of the failed product or repair/replacement by the manufacturer. This can last about 5-25 years. So you can have material again, and you are responsible for the labor.
2. Labour And Material Warranty
This is the important thing for the customer. During this warranty period, you are covered in both material and labor. But there is a huge problem. If the waterproof layer is damaged, the client is responsible for removing them and opening the waterproofing process. The constructor does not cover this process.
If you do the waterproofing, you have to cover only the material warranty. You have to redo the work again. As well as, If you are the constructor, you can cover the material warranty from the manufacturer and just spend for the labor cost.
Under only Labour and material warranty, the client is responsible for removing upper material such as tiles, plasters, etc. Rest parts will be done, constructor.
3. Labor and Material with Overburden Warranty
This is the real warranty that clients need.
Everything will be coved under this warranty. Client no need to invest money during the warranty claiming process.
Normally you can have 10 years of warranty from the constructor under this warranty.
What is Included and Excluded by Warranty?
You can claim your warranties for leakage which may occur in its waterprooﬁng method, and proved due to bad workmanship or waterprooﬁng or waterprooﬁng material. Fair wear and tear and leakages occasioned by abnormal causes or agencies excepted.
You will Exclude the Warranty Due to the Below Reasons
- TORNADOES OR EARTHQUAKES
- CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE OR ACTS OF WAR
- DEFECTIVE CONDITION
- CORROSION, OR OTHER FAILURE OF THE STRUCTURE
- SUBSTRATE TO WHICH THE MEMBRANE IS ATTACHED
- CHEMICAL CONTAMINANTS POTENTIALLY INJURIOUS TO THE MEMBRANE NOT BEEN SPECIFICALLY APPROVED BY THE COMPANY
- FAILURE BY OWNER
- TRAFFIC OR STORAGE OF MATERIALS ON THE MEMBRANE;
- INFILTRATION OR CONDENSATION OF MOISTURE IN, AROUND, OR ABOVE ANY PORTION OF THE BUILDING NOT COVERED BY THE MEMBRANE
- ACTS OF NEGLIGENCE OR MISUSE BY OWNER OR ANY OTHER PARTY
- DEFECTIVE INSTALLATION OR FAILURE OF ANY MATERIAL OR
- COMPONENT NOT FURNISHED BY THE COMPANY; DESIGN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE BUILDING
- INCLUDING THE INABILITY OF THE BUILDING TO WITHSTAND LOADS IMPOSED ON THE BUILDING FROM ANY SOURCE; DISTORTION, EXPANSION OR CONTRACTION OF ANY WORK OR FLASHING OTHER THAN THAT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE MEMBRANE SYSTEM: AND IMPROPER OR FAULTY WORKMANSHIP ON THE PART OF CONTRACTOR
So before you ask for the waterproofing from your constructor, ask his warranties and claim includes as well as excludes to the warranty form. So you can ask for any warranty without any problem and pay attention to protect the waterproofing.